NFM knows that you want to find solid solutions to crises ranging from fiscal drought to remediation. You are looking for expertise that can help you devise sound higher education policies that benefit colleges, communities, and the country as a whole. NFM helps policymakers to understand how the exploitation of contingent faculty is an unacceptable, and, ultimately unsuccessful, strategy for decreasing college costs, preparing students to join the workforce, or ensuring the integrity of American higher education.
By engaging with NFM, policymakers fulfill their responsibility to respect and represent ALL of the citizens who teach and study in American institutions of higher education.
- The Just-In-Time-Professor: A Staff Report Summarizing eForum Responses on the Working Conditions of Contingent Faculty in Higher Education By the House Committee on Education and the Workforce Democratic Staff, January 2014
- CO State Rep Randy Fisher on Legislation He Sponsored to Give NTT Faculty Enforceable Contracts
- Labor Secretary Hilda Solis Supports Contingent Faculty
- Washington State Senate Hearing on SB 5088 (2009)
- Ohio HB 365 to Give Part-Time Faculty the Right to Unionize
- Ohio SB 129 to Give Part-Time Faculty the Right to Unionize
- Petition to Tell Vice President Biden Not to Blame Adjuncts
- Petition to Tell Labor Secretary Hilda Solis to Change Occupational Outlook Handbook Description
- “Students’ Right to Know Before You Go” Bill