Support New Faculty Majority
Become an Active Member — Your contribution may support lobbying by the NFM Coalition; you are eligible to help shape NFM’s work through advisory and leadership positions. When you join, you can make an optional, additional fully tax-deductible donation to the NFM Foundation.
Represent an organization? Become a Supporting Organization through a donation to the NFM Foundation.
Want only to make a fully tax-deductible donation to the NFM Foundation? Become a Supporting Member.
NFM projects and activities include:
- a successful five-year campaign working in coalition with union partners to secure Department of Labor guidance to facilitate adjunct faculty access to unemployment
- critical research such as our Back-to-School Survey which was the basis for the report “Who Is Professor Staff?“
- joint projects and collaborations, including, for example, with unions, the Campaign for the Future of Higher Education and the Center for the Study of Academic Labor;
- our Women and Contingency Project, which exposes the disproportionate impact of contingent academic employment on women;
- our National Arts Project, which gives doubly contingent practitioner/professors in the arts a venue for using their talents in the service of activism and which is launching the Campus Equity Week 2017 theme;
- our ongoing policy education project, through which we inform constituents and policymakers about adjunct-related issues that need their attention, such as access to unemployment, accurate data collection and public disclosure; access to student loan forgiveness, and FLSA reform.